I hope you enjoy this site, created for those of you interested in learning PLC Programming, or gaining the technical skills needed for a successful career in industrial automation. Here you'll find books, resources, and visual aids that cater to both new and seasoned industrial technicians.
This book is a revision of my earlier book on RS Logix 5000 programming and concepts. Additional areas covered include the creation and use of Add-On Instructions, User-Defined Data Types, the inclusion of Hands-On Exercises or labs, and improved illustrations and programming examples. Once again, I believe this book is important to anyone wanting to achieve proficiency and mastery of the essential skills used in building and troubleshooting ControlLogix projects.
Illustrated Topics Included
- Understanding Project Organization & Structure
- Project Development
- Tasks, Programs and Routines
- Configure of Modules
- Configuring RTS and RPI settings
- Understanding and performing Firmware revisions
- Understanding "Scope" as it applies to tag-based addressing
- Tag types, Data types, and User-defined data types
- How and when to create "Alias" tags
- Creating and Using "Producer" and "Consumer" tags
- How to configure controllers to be a producer or consumer
- Buffering or mapping I/O signals
- Using Parameters to buffer I/O
- Creating Add-On Instructions, the AOI
- Creating and using arrays
- Fault-finding & Recovery
- User-Defined Fault Routines
This book contains numerous examples of using Studio 5000 instructions related to many different topics. It has been written specifically to help those of you who are already familiar with legacy PLC logic programming, but are wanting to gain greater proficiency in the use of Studio 5000 Logix Designer software, and in using the ControlLogix platform.